Acuo Technologies was founded by a group of experienced software engineers with visionary ideas for new data archiving and storage system management. This same core team continues to lead our research and development initiatives and the production of our company's innovative products.
From Acuo's inception, our goal has been to provide software solutions built around the following guiding principles and healthcare information technology standards:
- Conform to international standards for digital medical imaging and provide an open solution
- Allow for the storage of medical images from all disciplines, independent of the mix of PACS vendors across a healthcare enterprise
- Facilitate on demand capacity growth as required, with no impact to caregivers, no downtime, and no need for costly data migration
- Provide a single unified multi-site archive that can expand in geographic footprint, as needed, when needed
- Enable real-time automated disaster recovery without the need for manual restoration processes that result in service disruptions
- Preserve investment in server and storage hardware and facilitate the replacement of current or obsolete components without service disruptions, loss of data or manual data migration
- Provide native data migration tools and components enabling ease of migration from any existing PACS vendor to the new DICOM archive manager
- Offer an open database schema built upon commercial off-the-shelf database technology
- Leverage grid computing models enabling effective and efficient multi-site connectivity along with virtualized components in the data center for ultimate scalability
- Architected with commercial off-the-shelf components not requiring any proprietary hardware or software components and therefore enabling lowest possible total cost of ownership
- Conform to regulatory guidelines for availability and privacy and ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of stored medical images for decades
We believe solutions built using these foundational elements will, when properly implemented, result in the ability for a healthcare enterprise to get pertinent data into the hands of medical personnel faster and more cost effectively. They will enable patients to reduce wait times for treatments and medications and reduce the potential for human error in care delivery and administration. In the end, these efficiencies and quality enablers will help the overall clinical process run smoothly and allow the patient to have a better experience. This vision became reality with Acuo's DICOM Services Grid, introduced commercially in 2001 after receiving its FDA 510-K approval.
Today, Acuo's Universal Clinical Platform software suite offers superior image management, archiving and migration solutions that are extensible and collaborative, delivering a set of applications that extend and virtualize storage, network and application resources. As a company, Acuo Technologies continues to maintain the old-fashioned, Midwestern values and work ethic of its founders. We are pleased with the performance of our products and take great pride in the level of service and support we are able to provide, both for our end users and for our PACS partners.